Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 47

Day 47 was to South Bends Indiana. We had to wake up at 4:30 as riding in the city would be near impossible so we needed to rack ourselves out to an easier area to ride. We enjoyed our breakfast a little bit outside of the Buckingham Fountain where we took our team photo and started off from. I road with Collin and Alex today.

Today was about 90 miles with a friendship visit in between. I have never been first before and today was the day. I really sprinted and worked hard to push myself way beyond my limits. We got to lunch first at 45 miles first but we had to stop 3 miles before it because the vans were held up by a broken train! We were able to pass all the semis trying to turn into the mess so we had to wait for the vans to get free and pass us to mark the next few turns.

Lunch was at Michigan lake and we enjoyed a lunch sponsored to us by a PM from 1992. I didn't jump in the lake but many others did, I was just anxious to get on the bike and get back to riding to make first.

After we enjoyed our relaxing rest we heading back out where I was aching but I would not be stopped. I made it to lodging first with 10 minutes to spare before the next paceline rolled in. We were staying at St Joseph School and it was very, intense in how beautiful and new it was. I was excited and took a victory shower before we headed to our dinner with the Knights of Columbus. They served us spaghetti and afterwards Collins mother sponsored ice cream for everyone.
After ice cream I headed back to lodging where I went to sleep as many of the team did because we were all pretty shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment