Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 43

Day 43 was our eight day off and we woke up around 7ish to get ready an action packed day. We had 4 visits but first we went to the Independence First office in which Kathy works and got to use more adaptive tools. After that we headed to Gaenslen elementary school where we spent some time with children and had a Kids on the Block puppet show.

After that we went to the Holy Trinity Church where we hung out with some of the clients and played kick ball, and raced solving puzzles. It was a really good time and some of the clients were really killer in their attitude and how enthusiastic they were.

After this visit we had a small amount of time until the next one so as a van (more so truck) we headed to CVS for some caffeine. After that we headed to an Olympic Training Facility where we played.... Wait for it! Wheelchair Hockey! There weren't enough chairs so I had to wait to play but when I did it was really fun and the few clients who came to play with us really enjoyed playing with us even though we were so bad. Matt and Jeremy kept checking me and knocking my stick out but every single time I couldn't help but to laugh.

After loading up the wheelchairs in some trailers we headed to Nicolet High School where we got to play wheelchair basketball after setting up and eating dinner. I played a couple of games but I ended up rolling around the school chasing Abigail and Kate, two twins we met who are un-diagnosed, around as they were on special bikes with Steven and Luke. It was really tough rolling around in the wheelchair and my arms were killing me.

We helped clean up and headed to lodging where I showered really quickly and prepared for our ride tomorrow which was to be around 70 miles but we felt like we've been off the bike for a year when it was only 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment