Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 24

Day 24, Denver and our bug arrival was today. We had crew chief breakfast as we were up very early in the morning. Today was a short ride but a very important one that we needed to hurry. I was upset to leave the camp and I wanted to stay with the campers and Build America, yet there was very little I could do to change that.

I road with Kyle and Reggie today and we rocked it. We had a small climb to lockout mountain which looked over Denver which was beautiful but it had some scary descents with hairpin turns. For the past 3 years someone has gotten seriously hurt going down. Safe to say we took it very slow. We road hard and fast through Denver and actually met a pace line from Transamerica half way through.

We finished at the Denver Broncos stadium for a tour! We waked onto the field and took many photos and I got one with Bruce which was sweet. We then had chipotle for lunch and it was good but I wasn't a huge fan of it. We the hopped on the bikes and road to an arrival that was quite large. We enjoyed ice cream in front of the capital and then road to our hotel.

We had some free time and then we headed to the Rockies stadium to watch a baseball game. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I enjoyed watching the game even though they had lost. Afterwards we waked back to lodging and I had a great conversation with my lovely better half and I went to sleep. Tomorrow is breakfast at KRG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment