Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 34

Day 34 was to Des Moines with a 5 am wakeup. As our lodging was atop a gravel road, it took a while to rack the bikes down to the actual road. After breakfast we prepared for quite the ride.
 
Today was 95 miles and the first 40 or so were pretty tough. I'm not sure if I got more used to it and I coughed up enough phlegm to make it easier to breath but the second half was easier than the first. I was sweeping with Steven today was he volunteered with me.
 
He really did push me though with all the hills and the intense climbing in the beginning. There was some rain half way through which was more fun yo ride in than an annoyance. Except the fact that some towns didn't dry yet so riding behind someone meant a face full of muddy water.
 
After finished and arriving to lodging we all enjoyed some lovely taco salads and a nice shower. There was some free time so I ran to the bike shop got some supplies. Dave Adickes is a pi alpha who sponsored our dinner which was so good! A lot of other pi alphas came out to meet us which was great and I got to hear a lot of stories. After dinner we stopped by a gas station and we all got red bulls for tomorrow. After that we went to sleep and prepared for a short day, but a race pace day.

No comments:

Post a Comment