Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 25

Day 25 was our day off in Denver. We woke up early in the morning for a breakfast at KRG headquarters and we were in awe in how beautiful and awesome it was. Bruce's office had a mini Push America wall which was awesome and I spoke with their IT guys for a while. We also watched the tour de France during breakfast and man it makes me want to buy a brand new bike to ride.

Afterwards we had free time as in a whole 6 hours and I went to get some supplies and after went to watch World War Z with some of the guys. I then got new shoes before we were off to an event called pedal for pennies. This annual fundraiser was at Feril lake and participants road their bikes around the lake for laps and donations. I road with one of the rides and I took a spill by mistake. Whoops! We played some games and threw water balloons around until an awesome BBQ dinner.

After dinner we had a huge dance and you guessed it, we did our dance and everyone loved it. We then dance the night away which was really awesome. We said goodbye to Bruce and his family as this was the last time before DC we would get to see them and we headed back to lodging.

I was really beat and my room felt the same way so we got ready for tomorrow and hit the hay. Now starts a huge stretch of distance for us. 95, 85, 95, 95, and then 55 miles. I feel like I'm in the tour now.

No comments:

Post a Comment