Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 44

Day 49 was to Glenview IL, which meant we worked out way back to Illinois. We woke up at 5:30 and prepared to be racked out of the city as there were too many turns to mark.
The ride today was a quick 70 miles and was really enjoyable. The ride was quick as out legs were nice and fresh so mostly everyone averaged above 18.5 MPH and spent very little time at crew stops.

We arrived to lodging at the local YMCA which was absolutely amazing and beautiful. We set up downstairs for our lodging and showered up to which many of the guys took naps but I took time to talk to my parents, girlfriend, and my brother who I was going to be able to see tomorrow along with my sister! I was super excited to get to see them in Chicago.

After our naps we had a BBQ outside the YMCA in which we ate some delicious food and danced the night away, well except for me. There was a cool jungle gym and I was looking after a parents child Christian. We was such a sweetheart and I loved spending time watching over him!

After helping the sponsors clean up some of us went to a sponsors house where we had s'mores over a bonfire. Afterwards we went to bed and were excited for what tomorrow was going to bring to us. Obviously I was excited to see my brother and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment