Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 45

Day 45 was to Chicago! We got ready in the morning around 7 am for our breakfast  to which we had yoga afterwards. This was funny as 35 guys tried to balance in ways we couldn't and you could hear grunts and sighs of relief as we stretched. Afterwards we quickly got into our jerseys and had a Kids on the Block for the children visiting the YMCA for summer camp.

We racked up and headed to our stage up at target. We waited around a bit and I was anxious to arrive and see my family. So after heading out we got in double paceline formation and arrived at the Victor C. Newmann center where we had lunch and hung out with some clients. I saw my family and they were so happy to see me and I couldn't stop smiling. I was made fun of for my tan lines but I was glad to see them. They had to leave to bring my sister-in-law Katie to work but I would see them in the city a few hours later. After our visit we headed into the city where we were dropped off at Millennium Park for a couple of hours. I met up with my family and we walked around and talked before I headed over to our sponsored dinner at Club Lago.

Our sponsor basically picked the most amazing Italian restaurant to eat pasta and soup. It was really good and afterwards we headed to lodging which was this amazing golf resort called the Eaglewood Resort and Spa and it was in Itasca. I decided to go to Dave and Busters and Reggie joined me to which we met Kyle, Jason, and Baeu there. We bought 10 dollar cards which gave us 180 minutes of free play! We played until closing and then I passed out as tomorrow was an early wakeup for an action packed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment