Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 39

Day 39 was to Dubuque Iowa. Today we woken up around 5:45 to get ready but it was confusing as things had changed while I was asleep and I didn't have our messaging program on to get team alerts and it was being used for chit chat.
 
Today was supposed 85 miles and sadly it wasn't by any means. There were complications among the route and the re-route added 25 more miles. It was also 100 degrees outside was 100% humidity. I road with Baeu again and he really helped me the last 10 miles as the heat really hit me and we were slammed with some killer hills. I lost my composure on the bike for a little and I felt bad when it happened. We all were on edge from the heat and the fact we did not mentally prepare for over 100 miles.
 
We arrived to Albeit Acres which was a summer camp for those with disabilities. We enjoyed our quick showers before heading out to the Field of Dreams movie site. I didn't care for it much but I had a blast with jokes from my team. We headed back to the camp for a lovely dinner hosted by them and it really fueled us for a sweet dance. We learned a few dances as well as had fun with the clients.
 
Afterwards many of the camp counselors invited us out and many went except for me and a few other who wished to write our blogs and hydrate for the next day,

No comments:

Post a Comment