Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 23

Today was day 23 and we woke up at 7:15 for breakfast with the campers at the Rocky Mountain Village. After we enjoyed a lovely breakfast we were split up to work with the campers. I got to go enjoy horse back riding. I helped the campers on and off the horse and walked beside the horse just in case. All the campers had developmental disabilities and they were all so interesting and full of joy to meet us.

Before lunch we got prompted to dress up like zombies as we were going to invade the camp. The camp has been hyping this us as a zombie invasion and this was the theme of the day. Build America was working as we were running around during lunch and enjoying lunch with the campers as zombies. One camper Emily was chasing us not the other way around!

We had a free break after lunch and a couple of guys and myself went on a hike and got to see the whole camp from a ledge on top of the mountain. It was a good break but it started to rain. After the hike the campers finished their break and I was assigned to fishing but it started to pour outside.

I had volunteered in the kitchen and helped cook the dinner for that night. Many of the guys had become zombies again during dinner and while I was cleaning up the kitchen the campers had a zombie defence event and I got to see a small bit of the battle against the zombies with water guns. Afterwards we had our circle up goodnight and goodbye. I really loved this camp, there was just something magical about it. I ended up buying a beanie from the camp as a memento from a camp that touched my heart. Tomorrow is a ride to Denver and also a major arrival for us. We also get to meet the Transamerica team which is awesome! I truly miss the Build America team already.

No comments:

Post a Comment