Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 21

Day 21 was hyped up due to rabbit ears pass. This pass leads to the continental divide and starts our climb to Loveland pass which is the highest point you can archive by highway. Today Dustin joined us who works for KRG and is the south teams coach. Bruce was also riding and his son was working with crew for the day. After a wonderful breakfast we were off.

Today was a 105 miles ride and the rabbit ears pass was about 11 miles long with a steady medium grade. The divide was awesome to reach yet I only hit 60 miles until I was racked due to an error in my pace line. I roads with Jesus who was teamed up with Layton. We had a fun time joking and I got to learn more about Layton and what it is like to live in Colorado.

It started to rain but many of the guys pushed it to our shower area at a recreation center. We waited a while for lodging and later headed to a nice restaurant for a lovely dinner, which cost me a trip yo the hospital. There were pine nuts in the salad and I didn't notice until after I ate a quarter of it. I never had a serve reaction to pine nuts but this time was different. After a couple hours in the ER I was fine and sent home. Quite the experience.

After my scare, we headed back to lodging to rest for the next days climb of Loveland pass which his 11,990 feet high. We are also heading to Empire tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment