Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 37

Day 37 was to Iowa City. We woke up a little bit later yet again at 6:15. Breakfast was crew chief and we had our circle up and we were off.
 
Today was only 27 miles and it was a lot of fun. Because it was short and we all basically sprinted the way we arrived to our stage up at Iowa City park really quickly. After some laughs and attempts to stay out of the sun we headed off for our arrival at the ARC of southeast Iowa. It was a great arrival and after a while we headed off for lunch.
 
Lunch was at the resident hall of The University of Iowa. If I learned anything from David and Kevin, it is "the" University, not just University. We had our choice of food from a Hugh buffet and it was only half open! There were bets on my table if I'd finish all my food and boy did I finish it all. I was starving,

After our lunch we cycled over to the public recreation center where we were staying the night. At the arrival I met a child name Eli who wouldn't tell me his real name. All he would say is that he was batman! So we passed by a local comicbook shop and I thought why not read some comic and see if I can get him one.
 
We had dinner and a friendship visit at thew ARC of Southeast Iowa and it was pizza. It was real fun and I learned a lot but Eli wasn't there. I left his present and left my information so I could get a responds from him. After the visit we returned to lodging and many of the guys went out because it was a college town. If you're like me, you finish up some work and passed out with your phone on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment