Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 46

Day 46 was also in Chicago! We woke up at 7 am for our friendship visit at The Envisions of Chicago. We spent some time with clients with a range of mental disabilities and I also helped clean out a grill. Something I thought I wouldn't do for a long time. We also grilled for them which was pretty awesome. Some of the guys got to help set up and help clients through a bicycle course. They got so excited after they completed it. We also spent time rocketing an aerobics ball into the sky with a parachute thingy.

We then headed back into the city where we had more time. I took a cab to the hotel my sister was staying at and my brother had gotten me a Chicago Style hotdog which was delicious. We then headed to an architectural tour of the city by boat on the Chicago river which was interesting and allowed me to see a lot of the city in a quick manner. Afterwards we walked around until they stopped at a place to get dinner and I waited until I had to go head back to go to our sponsored dinner. I said my goodbyes and I really didn't want to leave my family but I had to. I really want to go back and spend more time with both of them when I am able to. Not to mention Paula and Katie, they are my family as well.

We walked over to Genos East for pizza and the place was really cool. The whole restaurant walls were covered with peoples names and writing! We hung out with Eric who had done the first JoH ride back in 1988, the first official one that is. He had some great stories and also I learned the company he works for owns my cites' mall! The world really is small. We headed back to lodging and learned of a super early wakeup so I prepared for the following day and quickly went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment