Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 5

Today was day 5 and a rest day for us. In the morning we woke up late (8 am for us) and a bunch of us went for breakfast at Denny's. It was my first time and it was alright. Then at around 11:30 we went paddle boarding. Me + water = not a good mix. The whole team including myself had a ball and enjoyed our time at lake talaho.

Afterwards I ended up getting a new phone as mine was really stopping me from enjoying some aspects of the trip. The team uses a chatting program to enjoy some banter and my phone dies quickly when using service. This also meant I couldn't take as many photos as I wanted. Shout out to Mark for being patient and driving me to the store. And beau also helped take care of my laundry so I could get the phone. I also sent home things I didn't need to lighten my load.

At night we had dinner at the Blue Angle restaurant. It was fantastic and I enjoyed speaking to Jeff the owner's wife and hearing his story. He was really knowledgeable as well as generous to feed us and set up the paddle boarding activity.

Today was a great recovery day and a great bonding time for the team. Tomorrow is a short day but we do have many places to go to. I'm getting my excited by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment