Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 13

Day 13 was from Delta to Payson Utah. We got up early again and proceed out for a 80 mile day. Today was a tight day with a quick rack point. Today I rod with Matt and Luke who I never road before. We talked too much about food and it ended up making us really hungry. Because today was so tight I racked myself to allow them to finish on time.

the team finished only to wait for the rides of CAF which is the Challenged Athletes Foundation, and one of their daughters who has epilepsy as well as CP. They were all females which was a change in pace for an all guy group and we ended up as a huge pace line at the end. At lodging we had a meal prepared by prison workers which was delightful.

There was free time and we had subway for dinner and and a team meeting afterwards. We spoke about a couple of things including interviews and safety on the bike, we started to slack on that in the desert in which I almost had a major fall that day as well.

Tomorrow I am racked but the good news is I will be getting a brand new saddle which should help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment